Accountants are graduates of a BS in Accountancy course or its equivalent. Although not mandatory, companies preferred Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). An entry level position in this field requires at least one (1) year work experience in any field of Finance and Accounting.
- Knowledgeable in Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards
- Working knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements
- Good communication skills (written and oral comprehension and expression)
- Attention to details and analytical skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills including use of accounting and financial analysis softwares (e.g., Accounting software — Fund accounting software; Intuit QuickBooks ; Sage 50 Accounting; Tax software Financial analysis software — Delphi Technology; Oracle E-Business Suite Financials; Paisley AutoAudit; RSM McGladrey Auditor Assistant)
- Pro-active approach to his/her work and the team.
A course in Accountancy takes four to five years to complete plus additional months to review for the licensure examination. The tuition fee in private colleges and universities range from P30,000-P75,000 per semester while public colleges and universities offer courses free of tuition. For professional advancement, CPAs are required to take CPD units. More advance professional certification courses such as CMA are taken as international recognition.
- Banking and Finance
- Fishing and Aquaculture
- Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism
- Health and Wellness
- Public Administration and Defense
- Compulsory Social Security
- Ownership, Dwellings and Real Estate
- Wholesale and Retail Trade
Accountants may develop a career path in specialized areas such as:
- Business and Financial Analytics
- Corporate Planning.
Accountants may advance in their career as:
- Chief Finance Officer (CFO)