26 October 2022 — The Public Employment Service Office Managers Association of the Philippines (PESOMAP) Inc. elected a new set of officers for 2023-2025 who were officially proclaimed and presented in the presence of more than 1,000 PESO delegates during the 22nd National PESO Congress at the SMX Convention Center, Clark Freeport, Pampanga on 26 October 2022.
The Bureau of Local Employment headed by OIC-Director Patrick Patriwirawan, Jr. served as the Commission of Elections (COMELEC). The sixteen (16) Regional Federation Presidents casted their votes through secret balloting in accordance with PESOMAP’s Constitution and By-laws. Elected as PESOMAP Executive Officers are the following Regional Federation Presidents:
1. President – Ms. Luningning Vergara from Region III (PESO – Province of Pampanga)
2. Executive Vice President – Ms. Vilma Yorong from Region VII (PESO – Province of Bohol)
3. Vice President for Luzon – Mr. Romualdo Garcia from Region IV-A (PESO – Binan, Laguna)
4. Vice President for Visayas – Mr. John Leo Marco Beldia from Region VI (PESO – Province of Capiz)
5. Vice President for Mindanao – Mr. Rolly Impas from Region XI (PESO – Province of Davao del Sur)
6. Secretary – Mr. Arthur Pascua from Region I (PESO – Curimao, Ilocos Sur)
7. Treasurer – Mr. Norman Victor Ordiz from Region 8 (PESO – Province of Southern Leyte)
8. Auditor – Ms. Cinderella Palomar from MIMAROPA (PESO – El Nido, Palawan)
9.Public Relations Officer – Ms. Josephine Osea from NCR (PESO – Valenzuela City)
The rest of the PESOMAP Federation Presidents shall sit as Board of Trustees while the incumbent PESOMAP President Mr. Jonix A. Paniagua from Region 12, whose term concludes end of 2022, will serve as Ex-Officio President/Immediate Past President.
The oath-taking of the newly elected PESOMAP officers will be administered by the Department of Labor and Employment Secretary Bienvenido E. Laguesma at the DOLE Central Office in Intramuros, Manila on 05 December 2022. The election of PESOMAP officers is conducted every three (3) years during the National PESO Congress.
For a smooth transition of leadership, the outgoing and incoming PESOMAP Executive officers and Board of Trustees will have its turnover of tasks and responsibilities on 5-7 December 2022 which the Bureau of Local Employment will facilitate as part of the 4th BLE-PESOMAP Quarterly Meeting in Manila. PESOMAP is a private non-stock, non-profit organization composed of 1,592 LGU-PESOs, 278 Job Placement Offices (JPOs) and 56 Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), Civic Society Organizations (CSOs) and Government Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCCs) nationwide.